Sunday, March 24, 2013

AG-001, Dragster, and AG-002, Boxing!

This week I start the Activision library with Dragster and Boxing, two of the first 3rd party video games. Ever. You can listen to the episode here. You can also subscribe on iTunes, where very nice listener Ruprocks gave me a 5 star review! Thank you Ruprocks!

When I listened back to the episode I realized I forgot to give out Rob O'Hara's web site. Take a walk over there, you can find his great podcast You Don't Know Flack there, as well as his two books, Commodork and Invading Spaces, as well as his blog. You can also find him blogging at the Retroist site, which is where he gave my show a big boost. Thanks Rob!

Next week I'll be doing 3 Atari games, Canyon Bomber, Slot Racers, and Super Breakout. Upcoming games include Trick Shot, Demon Attack, Warlords, Defender, Star Wars: Jedi Arena, and Star Wars: The Empire Strikes back. Please send me your stories, memories, impressions, or anything relating to these games at 2600gamebygame@comcast.net. Any submission I receive will be read on the podcast! That's exciting, right? Thanks so much for listening!

Pertinent Links

Earl Green's Log Book 
History of Activision
Activision Patches and Letter at Digital Press
Picture of Activision Foam Inserts at Atari Age (Go to Post #5)
Drag Race at KLOV
Boxing at KLOV
ACTIPLAQUE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment