Thursday, November 14, 2013

7-001, King Kong, & 7-002, Jawbreaker!

King Kong and Jawbreaker are two games that I was pretty unfamiliar with prior to this episode. I only own 3 out of the 10 Tigervision games, they are pretty rare. I wasn't pleasantly surprised by both of these games for the most part! I hope you'll give them a try. Next week I'll be talking about the 3 Atari 2600 games made by Konami, Pooyan, Strategy X, and Marine Wars. On Thanksgiving Eve (I hope), I'll be looking at the first killer app for the Atari 2600, Space Invaders! I am expecting a lot of feedback for that show, you can send that to 2600gamebygame@comcast.net. I love hearing your stories, please keep sending them in! Thanks to all of you who have done so so far, and of course I thank you for listening and making my show so much fun for me to do! I am very happy that you are enjoying this as much as I am.

Pertinent Links

Tiger Electronics page at Handheld Museum
John Harris interview by James Hague
John Harris interview (about the AmigaDE OS) by Boing Attitude
Paul Slocum's 2600 Music and Sound Programming Guide
Atari 2600 Console Repair Tutorial on Youtube

No comments:

Post a Comment