Thursday, October 2, 2014

Player/Missile Podcast Space Invaders Contest UPDATE

Hi there! Rob from Player/Missile Podcast is sponsoring a contest for my show; previously he was giving away a Kindle copy of Racing The Beam by Nick Montfort and Ian Bogost, a great book about Atari 2600 programming that focuses on 6 classic 2600 games. NOW, the prize is an actual copy of the book, so it is now open to all. You don't need to be in the US or have an Amazon account. All you have to do is guess my and Rob's combined scores on Space Invaders without going over to win the book. Rob will be playing the 2600 version, and I am playing the Atari 800 computer version. Clever, right? Rob has a clue to his score in his Space Invaders episode, and I have included a clue here. I am extending the contest one day to October 7th at 11:59 EST (that's Eastern Standard Time). The closest guess to our combined scores without going over will win and will be announced on the Frogger/Amidar episode next week. I will have a new pinned post on the Facebook page and it will also be on other groups on Facebook, and you can also send your guesses to 2600gamebygame@comcast.net. Get your guesses in now, and thanks for listening to my and Rob's podcasts!

No comments:

Post a Comment