Wednesday, March 11, 2015

CX 2664, Brain Games, & CX 2665, Frog Pond!

Hi, it's me again. Today I am covering the final released Atari text/picture label game on the part list, Brain Games, and the unreleased prototype game Frog Pond. Please check out the episode to find out how to find the clues to Willie's Fergquest contest; once you get all the clues you have to make 4 of them into the phrase that pays. I have extended the contest until March 24th at 11:59 PM EST. If you've already sent in an entry, you can send another one. Next week I'll be covering the Activision games Megamania and Sky Jinks. After that it will be Cosmic Avenger, Smurf: Rescue in Gargamel's Castle, and Carnival by Coleco; RealSports Soccer & Volleyball by Atari; Super Cobra and Reactor by Parker Brothers; Tax Avoiders by American Video Game and Boing! by First Star; and RealSports Football and Atari Video Cube by Atari. Episode 100 will feature a very special game, and I think it will probably be my longest episode to date. I don't want to say yet what it is, because I may start getting feedback now and then I will forget to put it in the show. I will give you ample time to send feedback, don't worry. If you have any thoughts on any of these games or any I've already covered, please send them to me at 2600gamebygame@comcast.net. Thanks for listening, see you next Wednesday!

Pertinent Links

Larry Kaplan interview by Scott Stilphen 
Swordquest comics on Atari Age
Cliff Spohn's Ahta Dee
2600 Connection Frog Pond article
Atari Touch Me on KLOV
Touch Me at the Handheld Museum
Cassidy Nolen's Frog Pond manual
Atari Age magazine Frog Pond announcement
Frog Pond at Atari Protos
Frog Pond thread on Atari Age (photo of Hozer Version)
The No Swear Gamer 118 - Brain Games!
Cassidy Nolen's Home Made Frog Pond CIB thread on Atari Age (with photos)
Silver label Frog Pond repro on eBay
1982 CES footage with Frog Pond demo on Atarimania
Pinball Wizard Arcade
Pinball Wizard Arcade on the Retroist

No comments:

Post a Comment